The leadership of the Mozilla Philippines Community, headed by its Community Manager Eusebio “Jun” Barrun, Jr. and nine (09) other Mozilla Reps had an intensive overnight planning session at Makati City during the weekend of 04-05 Jan 2014.
Mozilla Reps Council Member and one of the Reps Mentors based in the country Robert “Bob” Reyes gave insights from his attendance to the recently concluded Community Builders Work Week at Mozilla’s San Francisco Office.
At the end of two-day planning session, your leaders at the Mozilla Philippines Community had come up with specific goals aligned at Mozilla’s mission and aim to have 1 million Mozillians ten (10) years from now.
Allow us to share some of the MozillaPH Goals for 2014 …
For Community Building (led by Jun and Bob):
- There must be at least 500 registered (and vouched) Pinoys in Mozillians.org (currently, there are 74).
- To organize, stage, participate and represent Mozilla in at least 100 local events this year (MozillaPH organized and participated in 90 events for 2013).
- To establish a Rewards & Recognition System for Pinoy Mozillians.
- To produce a localized version of the Mozilla Manifesto (in Tagalog) before the end of 2014.
As for the Developer Team (headed by Joell, Kevin and Aaron):
- To increase the number of Pinoy-made apps in the Firefox Marketplace from 20 (current) to a hundred before the end of year 2014.
- Continuous recruitment of local developer talents to the team.
The Education Team (led by Faye and Ryan) has these goals:
- To establish a “Train the Teachers” Program in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd Regional) to introduce ICT in education, primarily in public schools.
- To stage a Mozilla Festival Philippines in Q3 of 2014.
For Localization Team (with Bob and RJ at the helm):
- To finalize and release Firefox Aurora and Firefox for Android in Tagalog this year.
- Participate during the celebration of the Language Month (Buwan ng Wika) come Aug 214.
The Students Team (led by Kemuel, Melchor and Joyce) will be working on the realization of these goals:
- To stage a repeat of the FSA Leaders Camp to cover different regions of the country in 2014.
- To stage an FSA General Assembly during the opening of classes middle of this year.
And last, but not the least: the goals from the Women Empowerment Team (led by Faye):
- To have at least a 300-member strong FB Group by end of 2014.
- At least one (01) all-women event every month
Seems that 2014 is another challenging yet exciting year for the Mozilla Philippines Community.
All of the goals above will not be realized without the help of our hardworking community members and volunteers — YOU!
Let us work hand-in-hand to achieve these goals with flying colors. A mid-year review and planning session will happen sometime June or July this year.
Want to join our team?
Drop us a line via firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the photos taken during the weekend work week: